1.11.07

BROWSER BOOKMARKS

Today i installed media center on my pc. But i forgot to back up my bookmarks and here i am
without any of my precious bookmarks. Now i think it is necessary to know how to back up
bookmarks.
This is to be taken as both a warning and a tutorial, cause I know lots of people that've lost all their bookmarks because of a virus, or failed harddrive etc.

So here is how to make a copy of all your bookmarks from FireFox.

go to "bookmarks"->"organize bookmarks"

select all your bookmarks.

go to "file menu" -> "export"

select your location (where you want to save it.)
and save with the name you prefer.
e.g.
bookmarks.html

Now to get these bookmarks back.

goto "bookmarks"->"organize bookmarks"

"file menu" -> "import"

from the next window select "from file"
and select the saved file.

there you go. all your precious bookmarks are yours again.

I know most of you already know this, but it's for the people that don't know about it.

No comments :